Sunset Blog Tour & Scavenger Hunt
Sunsets. Viewing them is a simple pleasure of mine. The phenomena are such a beauty to behold and so varied in their coloring depending upon location, season, and atmospheric conditions. It’s due to living in Las Vegas that spurred on my love of sunsets. [See, it’s not all about the strip and gambling! ;)] I’ve seen some spectacular ones with gorgeous fiery reds, oranges, and yellows or amethyst and fuchsia to name a couple.
My admiration of sunsets and their coloring happens to be part of the inspiration behind my Sunset series. There’s another reason I use ‘Sunset’ in the stories and the titles. It deals with the family the tales follow, but if I told you the reason, that’d kinda spoil the fun of reading the book to learn why. ;)
All the ‘Sunset’ short stories fit into Decadent Publishing’s 1NightStand series of books. The first one, Gwen’s tale ‘Sunset Desires,’ takes place in Grand Cayman and ends in Las Vegas. The second one, ‘Sunset Seduction,’ is about Heather and her man spending a night together in a Las Vegas hotel room. My recent release, ‘Sunset Temptations,’ is a ménage. In it Ivy and her roommate are matched with a sexy resort owner up on Mt. Charleston. ‘Sunset Heat, the fourth story, is in the editing queue and is waiting for a release date. That tale, featuring Seana and her date, also takes place up on Mt. Charleston at the resort. It’s nice when a group of family members can find love, isn’t it? (Day 2 ‘special word’: LOVES)
* Roommates, Ivy Tramonto and Kiran Emerson, are heading out for their blind dates set up through a prestigious matchmaking service. Neither know anything about the men they’re to meet at a charity event being held in a mountain resort, but they’re looking forward to the adventure and forgetting about all their problems for an evening.
* Resort owner, Robert Bourbon, doesn’t have time to play the field, especially when he wants a polyamorous relationship. After requesting the services of Madame Eve, he’s matched with the perfect pair and believes life can’t get any better.
* Everything seems to be going great, until a mistake one of them made comes back to haunt them.
* Will they make it through the dilemma or will they miss out on having their true desires granted?
--- Content / Warnings: Contemporary, Erotic, Chick Lit, Romance, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance, Menage, Alternative / Oral, anal, GLBT, MM, MMF, MFM ---
* On the way to the Shadscale Bar, he stopped outside the Mesquite Ballroom. Volunteers stood behind a table with a spinning drum that reminded him of the ball mixer at bingo games. After verifying his name and attendance, he filled out a card and popped it into the bin. His wish? To have enough money to make good on his extreme loan and be able to pay for a new place. He somehow had to make it up to Ivy for his stupid mistakes.
* After he arrived at the bar, one of the servers led him to a private table in the back corner. He sat facing the entryway. Moments later, a waiter brought over a plate of white cheese balls with tomatoes and thin slices of meat.
* “I don’t think this is mine,” he told the man. “I haven’t ordered anything yet.”
“It’s on behalf of Mr. Bourbon. When you finish, I will bring you the soup. He will join you for the rest of the meal. He wanted you to get started.”
* The butterflies in his stomach dropped like pebbles, weighing heavy at the bottom. “Oh, okay.” Fidgety nerves had him wondering if he could eat, but he dug into the food anyway. Plus, he planned to continue drinking. Alcohol on an empty stomach would be a recipe for disaster.
* Kiran pushed aside his empty soup bowl, took a sip of his second drink, then caught sight of a handsome, tall man in a black on black suit with a dark gray tie entering the lounge. He wore a sunset-hued rose boutonnière as well. If the guy approaching happened to be Mr. Bourbon, Madame Evangeline had done a wonderful job picking out the scrumptious male specimen. Kiran loved the color of the man’s hair. He rose on wobbly legs.
* “Hello, Mr. Emerson. I’m Robert Bourbon.”
* The man’s smooth, accented voice, along with the way his slow, seductive gaze sweeping up and down Kiran’s body sent his libido raging. The appraisal was followed by a sexy grin of approval. Heat lanced his gut and sliced straight to his cock. The other man’s strong facial features and straight white teeth filled Kiran with wanting and a need to be close to him. He accepted a handshake and cleared his throat. “Please, call me Kiran.”
* “Kiran it is then. Feel free to call me Robert or Rob.”
(For the next part of the excerpt be sure to visit tomorrow’s stop on the tour!)
Thanks, Kathleen, for having me on your blog today, and thank you, readers, for stopping by!
More on ‘Sunset Temptations’ and links for where you can buy the book can be found at: http://crmoss.com/books/sunset-series/sunset-temptations/
Find C.R. Moss & links to her other social media outlets at her Website: http://crmoss.com/
Come out to the hottest readers’ conference in the west, Hot Mojave Knights, and meet C.R. & other great authors ~ Las Vegas, NV - October 2013 ~ http://www.hotmojaveknights.com/