Thursday, July 28, 2011

WRITING UPDATE~ :)


Today I finally subbed my completed manuscript, Dating 911.  This is bittersweet because I'd actually started this book right after the release of my first novel, The Doctor's Deception. 

Concurrent with the fantastic news that I was going to be published, was the saddened news that my Mother's breast cancer had spread and she was becoming sicker.  Consequently, I never had the opportunity to promote The Doctor's Deception as it should have been. 

I am pleased, though, that my Mother did read my book.  I received a text from my sister and she said, "Mom is so funny."

I asked her what she was doing.  She texted, "I was trying to ask her something and she said 'shhhh.  I'm in a hot spot and Kathy is very descriptive'.  LOL."

My face burned.  Never in a million years had I thought my Mom would read my book.  I'd sent her an autographed copy because I'd been excited about it and wanted to share.  This was an accomplished chef who read mostly cookbooks.  But she loved it.  And I am glad that she was able to enjoy it.

After Mom passed, trying to get back into the swing of writing was very difficult.  I plugged away and finally finished 911, but had lost confidence in myself and the story.  I trudged on, working on a few short stories and shelving those.  The sequel to Dating 911, Dating Impossible kept swirling around in my brain.  I wrote the Syn, but was dissatisfied with my heroine's background.  I worked up the story idea for the third book in the series, Dating Trouble.  

I started to get excited about writing again.  With the help of a fellow nurse/writer (Thanks Sharon!!) I have a great plan for my heroine in Impossible.  I also have an outline for Trouble.  So, it's time to crank those out.  In the meantime, here's the blurb for Dating 911.  You can read snippets from Dating 911 on my Six Sentence Sunday posts. 

Dating 911 Blurb:
Tagline: Rescue Me meets ER



Emergency room nurse, Roxanne Carter is a loser-magnet wishing she could enjoy her single life. Commiserating with girlfriends over butterscotch martinis creates the idea of The Dating Manifesto--a not so scientific research project which promises to point the way to dating success. While gathering data to find the most suitable single men available, she wades through a series of unsavory, stale dates, which literally places her back at ground zero. Just when she is ready to give up, sin personified in the form of sexy firefighter Jett Avery, arrives tainting all of her previous data.


A traumatic warehouse fire, in which firefighter Jett Avery's closest friend dies, has him suffering from Posttraumtic Stress Disorder. Attempting to stave off the worst of his depression, he decides to use his brand of therapy...Sex. The remedy has lost luster until he encounters ER nurse Roxanne Carter.


The pursuit of Roxanne by Jett's twin brother, ER Doctor Cruz Avery, complicates her research and inteferes with Jett's therapy. Does Roxanne choose the brother who by analysis is the perfect match? Or the broken, dark and irresistible one?   

I hope to have good news to share with you soon!
Kathleen

3 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

Congrats on the sub, Kathleen! I have faith in you as I've read your #sixsunday posts. So good!!

I can't imagine losing my mother and the effect that would have on my writing. *hugs* But I'm glad you're back to the keyboard and I know she is, too.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Sarah! Your support means everything! :)

Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author said...

You rock! And how great your mom enjoyed your work!!

Hugs,

Sharon