Sunday, August 7, 2011

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY~25

Welcome! Cheers to another SSS post.  Another snippet from my book, Dating 911.  For all of you who stop by each week and comment, many thanks! I do appreciate your time!  Jett struggles daily with his PTSD...

Jett woke to the braying of the house alarm and bolted upright in his bed. Heart pounding within his chest, he leapt from the tangle of covers and hurriedly tossed on his Nomex pants, hood and coat which was always ready in preparation for a call. He was used to the course thickness of half-inch material, which lined the inside of his gear. He wished the bulkiness of the vapor liner was responsible for the dread that weighed down his movements, making them jerky and slow. Jett knew better.



The fear was back.

Don't forget to stop by http://www.sixsunday.com/ to enjoy other Six's from a group of talented authors.  A lot of whom have upcoming releases you will definitely enjoy!
Enjoy your Sunday,
Kathleen

20 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Poor Jett! Great descriptions!

Liz said...

wonderfully descriptive. I want to know more...
Liz

Siobhan Muir said...

Great set up! I can really feel his adrenaline rush!

Siobhan

Luxie Ryder said...

Poor Jett! Your description really helps the reader feel his dread! Great six.

Cate Masters said...

Oh no, poor Jett! No fair leaving on that cliffhanger - I need to know he's safe!

Unknown said...

Your vivid descriptions are very well written. Did you do research or know someone in the military?

Pablo Michaels said...

Your vivid descriptions are very well written. Did you do research or know someone who was in the military?

Lauri J Owen said...

You write descriptions very well, and without using trite turns of phrase. Great six.

Unknown said...

Pablo, my dad is a WWII submariner! But for this book, one of my fellow nurses I work with has a dad that is retired from the Tempe, AZ Fire Department. He helped me with the finer details of my hero's job. I received generalized information from Mike Sandulak of the Phoenix Fire Department. Thanks for stopping by and reading! I appreciate your interest!

Alexandra O'Hurley said...

I'm wondering why you didn't post that sexy cover along with your six?? Nicely done...good six :)

Unknown said...

Alexandra, I didn't post the cover with my Six because I set this blog post up about 3 weeks ago and set it to be published at the appropriate time because I was going to be gone on vacation. I received my beautiful cover while on vacation and posted it on my website today! I absolutely LOVE it! And I'm liking my book again! LOL. I'd almost hit the delete key because I'd been so frustrated by it. My crit partner pushed me into subbing it and I'm so glad I listened to her!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE firemen! mmm This had my heart pounding! Poor Jett. Very well written! Great six, Kathleen!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting! I appreciate your time!

Elaine Cantrell said...

The adrenaline's really flowing! Good six.

Anonymous said...

Great Six! Great Descriptions!

Unknown said...

A strong man with a hidden vulnerability is irresistible. And a firefighter too? Yum.

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Jett must be a strong guy. He suffers from PTSD and yet he gets up and puts on his gear and does his job. Great Six.
Thanks for posting on my blog too!

Bree said...

Realistic and emotional six!

Zee Monodee said...

Love the last two lines especially! They pack so much punch. :)

D Carney said...

Aww. Poor guy. :(