Friday, March 28, 2008

DESERT DREAMS 2008 CONFERENCE



I'm thrilled to announce that I will be attending the Desert Dreams 2008 Conference April 4th through the 6th. Sherrilyn Kenyon will be keynote speaker and I can't wait to hear her presentation. She is one of my all time favorite authors.

This will be my first conference! In fact, while at the Desert Rose meeting on February 26th, I sat with KC Pape, Cassie Ryan, and Isabella Clayton and I joked that I was a conference "virgin". That one statement inspired Isabella's clever blog post on her blog, Butterscotch Martini Girls. Here is the link: (and because I'm such a non-tekkie, sometimes my links will link straight to the site if you hover your pointer over them and click on them. Most times, though, they don't and you have to copy and paste to your browser. Sorry. One of these days, I'll figure it out.)
http://www.butterscotchmartinigirls.com/conference-virgins-dont-throw-yourself-into-the-conference-volcano/27/

If you've never been to a conference, it is a great reference for us newbies. It gives you the "what to bring" and the "do's and don't's" of attending any conference.

While at the DR meeting this last Tuesday night, we stuffed the goody bags for all the attendees. There's a lot of great items in those bags, too! So, if you're going to the conference, you'll be off to a great start!

I'll be at the registration table between 2pm and 3pm with Kathryne Kennedy on April 4th. Also, I get the privelege of moderating for Brenda Novak.
Be sure to stop by and say hello!

1 comment:

Rebecca Ryan said...

I hope you have a great time at the conference!