Thursday, May 29, 2008

MY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER BEGINS....NOW!



I know, I know...the official first day of summer isn't until June, but I have four kids. The last day of school was yesterday. Even though I love my children, this is a TOTAL BUMMER! For all you parents out there you will understand what I'm talking about.

This is what no school for the next six weeks means for me:

**My grocery bill is going to go up because my kids will graze all day and still complain, "MOM! There's nothing to eat in this house!"

**I will be social event planner and even though there is plenty of things to do I will still hear, "I'm so bored!"

**I will be referee because as boredom hits, I'll have to break up more scuffles and arguments-especially when I'm trying to sleep.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone out there? That said, we have a couple of trips planned for the summer. First, we're taking the kids white water rafting up near Fresno, CA in June. Then in July, we're going to take the kids to go visit my mom who has metastatic breast cancer. Her prognosis is poor and I want to spend as much time with her as I can.

What are your summer plans?

Take care,
Kathleen

1 comment:

Sarita Leone said...

Four kids? Wow! I suspect you'll have lots of fun this summer! :)

We will just enjoy the warm breezes, eat outdoors a lot and hopefully take a few moonlit boat rides. All good here.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!