Wednesday, October 26, 2011

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT~KC KLEIN!!!

Dark Future


I first met KC through The Desert Rose RWA. I picked her up as a critique partner shortly after my first book, The Doctor's Deception was released back in 2008. Thank you so much for being here today, KC! I'm so excited for your release, Dark Future, which I just finished reading on my iPad last week! What a metamorphosis this book took, since the first chapter you'd sent me so long ago! I loved every page!! I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished!!

KC Klein is the author of Dark Future, a sexy futuristic time-travel. She became serious about writing three years ago and was as surprised as anyone when her stories took a turn toward dark and snarky. Today, she divides her time between taking care of her family and driving in circles around Arizona, too busy creating stories in her head to pay attention to mere road signs. 

Thanks, Kathleen, for inviting me to come and guest blog. Kathleen has a special place in my writing heart. Over three years ago she took me, a new writer, under her wing and painfully showed me the basics of Writing 101. I needed to be taught everything from passive voice vs. active voice, to setting a scene, to dialogue tags. Thanks to Kathleen and the gals from WriteSpot, I got a crash course in writing novels. 
So this is a shout out to Kathleen for her unwavering support and colorful Crayola critiques. I hope for many years of happy writing to both of us.

Book Blurb
Awakened in the middle of the night by a future version of herself, Kris Davenport is given a mission: go forward in time to save the world—and His life. Of course, her future self doesn't tell her who he is, just sends her into an abyss and straight into an alien invasion.
He turns out to be ConRad Smith, the callous, untrusting Commander of Earth’s army and the world’s last defense. There’s only one way to know for sure if this strange woman is an alien spy—slice her throat. Except, he didn’t anticipate the heat he would feel as he interrogates the hot-tempered, warm-blooded woman. For a man whose sole focus has been survival, she's more temptation than he can handle. But a world on the brink of destruction leaves no room for love…and time is running out.
Teaser
            “Mmm, you taste human. Like salt or more like warm sunshine?” He pinned me with his gaze. His eyes spoke a primal language. Desire warred with anger; need against punishment.
          I looked away. Embarrassed. Violated. His body crushed mine, suffocating in its nearness. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t even breathe without crushing my breasts against him. I always considered myself strong and physically fit, but he subdued me with barely any effort. Heart racing, I panicked.
          The feeling of no control would break me—complete powerlessness always did. I used whatever weapon was available; whatever maneuvers would give me a fighting chance. This was no different. I turned my head, opened my mouth against his neck, and … sunk my teeth in.
          He cursed. Grabbed hold of my shirt, picked me up, and slammed me back against the wall.
          A painful whoosh came from my lungs. My vision rocked—brain swished inside my skull.
“You bit me.” He sounded shocked.
          My head hurt so bad I had to blink hard to keep my eyes in their sockets. “You licked me,” I shouted back.
          He assessed me, aqua blue eyes hooded with thick, long eyelashes, for what seemed like an eternity. “I will ask you one more time. Who are you?”
          “I’ve told you everything.” My voice sounded desperate, tired, even to me. “I went running and fell into the dark … I’m a doctor at a hospital. If you don’t believe me, just call them. I’ve worked there for years.”
          He stood still, his body hard against mine, creating an insurmountable barrier. His face so close I could see his pupils enlarge, almost hiding the hard blue of his irises. The rage in him lived and breathed. One hand ran along my scalp in a mock caress, grabbed hold of my hair and pulled. 
          “Liar,” his voice barely a whisper, the knife was back … shaking at my very exposed, very vulnerable artery. “There hasn’t been a hospital anywhere on Earth since the year 2075.” And in one efficient movement, he drew the knife across my throat. 

That's it for now!  You can buy this book at: http://www.avonromance.com/book/dark-future-epb/kc-klein/
To find out more about KC Klein and her books, you can go to kckleinbooks.com.
Enjoy your Wednesday Everyone!
Kathleen







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you KC for being here today. Your kind words touched me.