Friday, October 21, 2011

WEEKEND DIRTY DOZEN LAUNCHES! FREE PRIZES AVAILABLE!!




I'm excited to announce the Weekend Dirty Dozen! A new blogging experience from a group of romance authors from a variety of genres. We will each post twelve sentences for your sampling enjoyment from a WIP or published work.  It would be great if you followed the official FaceBook Fan page at this link for a list of contributing authors: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weekend-Dirty-Dozen/251564698227203#!/pages/Weekend-Dirty-Dozen/251564698227203?sk=  That is a sure way not to miss any of the great freebies many of  the participating authors will be offering!! The event runs  from Friday morning through Sunday night, which allows readers and fans more time to comment and post.

In honor of momentous occasion, I will be offering a $10.00  Gift Certificate from my Publisher, Evernight Publishing to one happy commenter!

For my first Dirty Dozen, I'm posting 12 from my current release, Dating 911.  My heroine mistakes my firefighter hero for his twin brother in this scene...Enjoy!


Without warning, a nearby falsetto voice cut into the air and
sang the opening line in perfect harmony with Sting.

Roxxxannne…

Roxanne twisted on the seat, her gaze landing on the singer.

Doctor Cruz Avery, a six-foot tall, black haired, broad-shouldered man, held a beer bottle to his mouth like a microphone. Worn jeans hung low on his tapered hips, and he sported a black T-shirt that molded to his well-muscled pecs. She snickered at the phrase splashed across the front of the fabric in bold letters--
I Can Handle Your 9-1-1”.

“Well, Cruz is looking for some action. Check him out,
Ambra. His entire persona is completely different--from the preppy clothing to his ‘I’m available’ attitude.” Roxanne stared. This wasn’t a side of him she was familiar with.
“Now, that’s what I’m talking about! Look how the
testosterone just oozes from his pores. He screams, ‘I’m sexy and you’re gonna get lucky.’ ”

That's all for now!  Dating 911 is available at Evernight Publishing at this 



Don't forget to check out these other great authors participating here: http://weekenddirtydozen.blogspot.com/2011/10/kick-off-for-weekend-dirty-dozen.html?showComment=1319232832956#c1297736006119982554

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Kathleen

10 comments:

Eva's Flowers said...

Very cool, I'm glad I get to be the first commenter! Will definitely add Dating 911 to my TBR list ;)

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Why, thank you ever so much, EVA!! I hope you enjoy Jett & Roxanne as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Natasha Blackthorne said...

Great 12, smart and snappy dialogue, it drew me right in. :)

Unknown said...

Love a man who oozes sex appeal and a firefighter to boot. Hot.

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved this! *adds to TBR pile*

NikkiB said...

I cant wait to check this out...gotta love a sexy man in a firemans uniform!!! Yum Yum!!!

Kiru Taye said...

I love your dirty dozen, Kathleen. I definitely want to find out more about the HOT firefighter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following yours.

Cheers,
Kiru

Lorraine said...

Nice one, or should I say twelve! lol

Debbie Laurie said...

I don't want the gift cards. I want DATING 911..... It sounds Amazing... WOW.. Gotta have this one on my Kindle!!!!

Debbie L.
Sdhl3@hotmail.com

JoAnne Kenrick said...

OMG Doctor Cruz Avery can come get lucky with me...anyday! Love your descriptions of him xx