Thursday, October 6, 2011

WALKING FOR THE CURE~BREAST CANCER AWARENESS~

                  
October is breast cancer awareness month!! As many of you may know already, my beloved mother passed away from breast cancer in October, 2008. This Sunday, October 9th, my sister and I are going to participate in Susan G. Komen's Race For the Cure, a 5K run in downtown Phoenix.  If you live in the Phoenix area, I encourage your participation.  The unit where I work has formed it's own team!

I've done this run before, but it will be special because Rebecca will be with me.  I hope to post pics from the race here on my blog after they come available.

In the meantime, I'm here to remind you, do those monthly self breast exams and get those yearly mammograms!!!!  I can't express how important they are.  Recently, there have been changes in my mammogram.  I have some decisions I need to make in the near future, but for now, I have another diagnostic check geared for February and on the advice of my doctor, have a pending consult with a surgeon. I will probably let you know of upcoming decisions once I have more information to draw from.

                    
Here is a wonderful picture of my mom with my dad ;)  She was a beautiful woman!

Love you MOM!  Miss you!

Enjoy your Thursday, Everyone!
Kathleen

2 comments:

redsjewels said...

So sad I love you.

Unknown said...

No sadness Becca! Love you too! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!