Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HUMP DAY HOOK~10~

Happy Hump Day!  Here is the first HDH of 2013!  Working on a new short story for submission it is unedited...  Happy New Year! Here's my hook. 


            Men sucked Lips twisted in an uncharacteristic sneer, she snorted.  Suck seemed to be the word of the day.  Why couldn’t she just do it all over?  Go back in time twenty years and change that one single choice she’d made.  Then maybe…just maybe, she would’ve met Daren sooner.  Back before the women he’d had relationships with had turned him into a complete commitment-phobe.   A whisper echoed within Cherry’s head.  Had she imagined it?  A tingle of electricity skittered along her spine.  Startled, she sat up straight and listened intently.  An impression of impatience swept over her. “Wish granted” buzzed within her skull in a voice weathered by an ageless time.  She lifted her coffee mug and glanced around the near empty corner coffee shop.  Lips dry and hands trembling, she sipped the straight double espresso.  God, she must be losing it. 
 
I hope you enjoyed!  Don't forget to check out the HDH authors participating this week here: http://kerriannecoombes.wordpress.com/  So get Humping!
Kathleen
 
 


20 comments:

Ciaran Dwynvil said...

I loved it. It sounds intriguing and I'd love to learn what she'll do with the granted wish.

Unknown said...

Oooo, it sounds as though maybe she'll get what she asked for. Very good hook! :)

SpookyMrsGreen said...

Ooh that got my spine all tingly! I have to know more, I'm hooked! Thanks for sharing.

Lacie Nation said...

Great hook! I could picture the scene in my head.

Sarah Cass said...

Oh, what a dangerous wish to have granted too!! Fascinating! Good luck with this story it sounds great!

Brenda said...

Loved it. Fantastic hook!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Love your hook. How enticing! What a magical moment for her.

Anonymous said...

You are such a classy writer. Nicely done CP!

Unknown said...

Thank you Ciaran! Have to remember that old saying about getting what you wished for... Tee Hee

Unknown said...

Thank you, Michelle! I hope it turns out for her! LOL

Unknown said...

Catherine,

Wow! Didn't think my writing could do that...

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lacie...the scene needs a bit of tweaking still.

Unknown said...

Sarah,

There's a lot that could be done with this story, but I only want to highlight the wish and what Cherry actually gets! So, I'm going to keep it a short story!

Unknown said...

Thank you Brenda!

Unknown said...

Flossie,

It is magical...but she has no idea what's up yet! LOL

Unknown said...

Thank you, Kerrianne...Now to finish this and send it to you to help me make it just a bit naugtier! LOL

Colette said...

This one is hitting a little close to home. I've been regretting some old decisions recently. And men do suck!

Unknown said...

I always love reading your writing, Kathleen. Nice hook. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah Colette, me too!

Unknown said...

Awww... Thank you Jennifer! That means a lot!!