Wednesday, December 7, 2016

MIDWEEK TEASE~4~

Good morning and welcome to this week's Tease, the brainchild of the lovely Angelica Dawson! The purpose is to highlight a few lines or paragraphs from a new release or a backlisted title. Comments are encouraged and appreciated and don't forget to stop by and see what the other Teasers have to offer. Link is posted at the end. 

Besides it being HumpDay, it's also the 75th Anniversary for the bombing of Pearl Harbor which propelled the US to get involved in WWII. Prayers for all those lost as you are never forgotten.  🙏🏻 




*****
Now on to this week's Tease which comes from my latest release, Sex Is The Best Medicine included in the Coming In Hot Medical Boxed Set available now for free on Kindle Unlimited or  purchase for .99 Cents on Amazon!  To set the scene, my nurse, Kate Sumner, just got done with a busy trauma that was life flighted in via helicopter. This is edited to help keep within parameters... Enjoy!


*****
Her phone buzzed once more. After washing and drying her hands, she retrieved the device from her pocket. “Will you call housekeeping, Bri? I’m starving and I’ve had to pee for like eons. All the sharps are taken care of.”

“Sure thing, Kate. Have a good one,” he said.

She looked down at her cell in her palm, curious as to who had been blowing up her phone for the last couple of hours. Excitement swelled, but she dared not hope.


7:32 PM Sexy Neighbor: I’ve got to know…

7:33 PM Sexy Neighbor: What are you wearing?


Kate laughed. She hadn’t heard from Mr. OCD since he’d snuck out of her bed in the wee hours of the morning a few days ago. Now, as she scanned the texts on her phone, her heart ratcheted up several notches as his words brought back panty-melting memories.

7:40 PM Sexy Neighbor: I keep thinking about how fucking sexy you looked in your underwear. Next time I want to remove those sexy panties with my teeth.

8:00 PM Sexy Neighbor: Where are you? I just knocked on your door and no answer. 😁


An emoji? A smile curved her lips. Somehow, Kate hadn’t thought him the emoji type. She read on.

8:30 PM Sexy Neighbor: Why aren’t you answering? Did I do something to upset you?
9:30 PM Sexy Neighbor: What if it wasn’t me but you’re stuck or hurt somewhere? If you are alive and well, at least give me the courtesy of letting me know…pissed or not!!

Kate lifted a brow. He sounded a bit upset. Whether it was at her supposed demise or the fact that she hadn’t returned any of his text messages…she couldn’t be sure. To be fair, he was the one who’d left without so much as a note or kiss goodbye. And, it had taken him three days to make contact with her.

10:03 PM Kate: Yes, I’m alive. I’m in the ER.

10:04 PM Sexy Neighbor: Oh My God! I’ll be right there! What happened? Are you ok? Can you talk?

Kate frowned. He knew she worked here. Why was he freaking out? Then she remembered his parents and how they’d died. Empathy welled deep within her.

10:05 PM Kate: Slow down, there, Cowboy. I work here. Remember? I’m not hurt. No need to call in the Calvary for a rescue.

Without waiting for a reply, Kate yanked on the handle of the bathroom only to find it locked. “Damn,” she muttered. “Why is someone always in here when I have to pee? All I hear is nurses complaining about how we never have time to pee!” she said to the empty break room, hopping from foot to foot. If she didn’t relieve the pressure soon...

10:07 PM Sexy Neighbor: ?

A question mark? What was that supposed to mean? Curious, she replied.

10:10 PM Kate: What’s the question?

10:10 PM Sexy Neighbor: It’s several actually. First, you never answered my original question. Second, when do you get off?

Puzzled, Kate scrolled up to see what his original question had been. I’ve got to know… What are you wearing… She smiled. No reason to make this too easy for him.

10:11 PM Kate: Scrubs.

10:12 PM Sexy Neighbor: Cute, real cute, nurse. What’s under your scrubs? Maybe that dicey little red number I saw in your clean laundry basket on my way out the door the other morning? Or the hot pink panties with bright yellow bows? Your lingerie basket has been driving me crazy ever since I walked by it. I was half tempted to stuff a pair of your mouth watering panties in my suit jacket. Put a man out of his misery, would ya?


Kate stared, mouth open, half eaten spaghetti falling onto her plate. He’d rummaged through her clean laundry basket she’d had on the lounge chair next to her bed? She was half fascinated, half creeped out. He’d wanted to snatch a pair of her underwear? Laughing out loud, a noodle tried to go down the wrong pipe and she began to cough. She gulped down a few swigs of water and cleared her throat. Under control once more, she responded.

10:15 PM Kate: That, my dear sir, would make you the Panty Snatching Neighbor. Much much worse than a nosey neighbor with binoculars. Don’t ya think?

******
That's all I have to tease you with for now. If you want to read Kate and Grant's story, my novella is in the Coming In Hot Medical Boxed Set is available now from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Paranormal-Contemporary-Medical-Romance-ebook/dp/B01I8BZ96C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480928957&sr=8-2&keywords=coming+in+hot

BLURB


When adventurous and sexy becomes the most thrilling dare of all...


Conservative psychiatrist, Grant Anderson plays by the rules, believing he's in complete control of his own deep, dark compulsions. Just on the brink of making a life-altering decision, a minor accident lands him in the emergency room. Encountering the irresistible and outrageous Kate Sumner changes everything for the stuffy psychiatrist. Suddenly, the fun-loving, adventure-seeking nurse tempts Grant in ways he's never known, daring him to forgo all inhibitions and expectations. Will the doctor learn that pleasure is the world's best medicine? 

Here's the link to get teased senseless: http://midweektease.blogspot.com/2016/11/midweektease-december-7-2016.html

Have a great Hump Day!

Kathleen 💋

13 comments:

Susanne Matthews said...

What a great tease. I smiled right through it!

Unknown said...

Awe, I'm glad! Thank you!😊

Naomi Shaw said...

Great Tease I loved it

Siobhan Muir said...

Wow, he's definitely persistent. Good tease, Kathleen. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a fun tease! Loved their exchange :-)

Angelica Dawson said...

Their message conversation is so much fun! Loved it!

Unknown said...

Thank you! 😊

Unknown said...

Ya. He was freaking a bit

Unknown said...

I had a fun time writing this scene!

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I adore this!! :D :D :D

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great exchange, Kathleen, well done!

Elyzabeth M. VaLey said...

ROFL That was hilarious and a bit creepy - he's a bit creepy. LOL Great tease!