Sunday, January 9, 2011

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY POST...



 Morning!  Here's a new thing I'm starting in 2011~ I'm participating in the Six Sentence Sunday Blog.  I will have lots of snippets from current wips, but thought I would start with my published novel, The Doctor's Deception available in print and ebook format from Amazon at this link:  http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Deception-Kathleen-Grieve/dp/1601542879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294560443&sr=1-1  .



Trying to find just six sentences to share was a challenge.  Here's a little background:  Faith Daniels, a Surgical Intensive Care Nurse and heart surgeon Dr. Stone Lassiter have made a deal she makes him look good so he can get his funding for his heart transplant center, and he helps her overcome her test anxiety to pass the MCAT so she can get into med school.  Their relationship has been rocky at best, but it seems they have come to an understanding... What's better than waking up to a hot doctor with a fondu pot of warm, melted chocolate?




She licked her dry lips, his eyes tracked the motion. Leaning in, he let his own tongue trace the path hers had just taken. Warmth spread from deep within her and pooled in her center.

“I think we’re missing a little something,” he said, moving back.

She wanted to protest. To grab him by his shoulders and drag him on top of her. Instead, she watched him pick up a pastry brush that lay next to the warm chocolate. He dipped it in the wonderful confection and poised it over her body.

“Ready for me, Faith?” he asked.




That's all for now...Hope you enjoyed the tease.  Follow the link to check out other Six Sentence Sunday authors...


www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/




Have a great Sunday!


Kathleen

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOT! Im ready!!!!! LOL Nice snippet. welcome to sixsunday. Cant wait to read more of your excerpts in the coming sundays.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kerrianne! I'm looking forward to posting on Sundays, too!

Unknown said...

Ooh, chocolate, hot kiss, you've got my attention!

Ann Mayburn said...

Delicious! I love the pastry brush part, always into new and fun ways to spice up the bedroom. :)

Liz said...

Steamy - they don't need the fondue pot they melt the chocolate on their own!

Lisa Fox said...

Whoa, that SO hot! I know I'm ready!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Yummy. Welcome to SSS

Anonymous said...

You had me at the introduction. This is definitely going on my TBR list!

Eve Cassidy said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday!

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! Glad to be here and very flattered by all your nice comments! Just got home from work, so I must catch a quick nap...Will check back in this afternoon when I get up!

Anonymous said...

Woo! Did someone turn the heat up in here? Nice!

Lyncee said...

Welcome! And I'll definitely be looking forward to reading you every Sunday

Jayel Kaye said...

Well if Faith isn't ready, I certainly am

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday, Kathleen.

Love a hot kiss and a hot photo!

Best of luck with the release!

Unknown said...

Delicious post all around.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Tres chaud! Very hot! I can just imagine how this scene plays out.

Arlene said...

One word--yummy!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I love fondue! You've got my attention. Welcome to SSS!

Lex Valentine said...

Oh what a tease! You and the doc! ;)

Sarah Grimm said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday. Great snippet. I look forward to reading more.

L. A. Green said...

Mmmmm...melt in your mouth yummy. I'm going to have to add The Doctor's Deception to my cart!